Falcao out for two weeks with 'new injury', says Van Gaal

  • 0
The Manchester United manager told reporters of the setback, but the striker is confident of returning to his best once he has recovered amid concerns over his fitnessManchester United manager Louis van Gaal says striker Radamel Falcao will be out another for another two weeks after picking up a "new injury".
The loanee striker has not featured since the 2-2 draw with West Brom on October 20 after suffering a calf injury and the Colombia team doctor recently revealed a return to fitness was not forthcoming.
Falcao is yet to complete a full 90 minutes for United since joining from Monaco and has just one goal to his name, but the striker is confident of improving once he has shaken off the new setback.
"I am getting better, I feel well and I hope to come back to the pitch soon," Falcao told the club's official website.
"It is disappointing that I can’t play but I have to be calm and recover because that is important to help the team when I return to the games."
Falcao's fitness concerns have been linked to his recent knee injury which sidelined him for much of last season and the World Cup, but the striker has insisted such reports are completely false.
"It is a bit frustrating. Well, it is more than frustrating actually and it detracts from the credibility of the media that there is so much speculation and that so many falsehoods have been written about it," he added.
"I think with an audience of so many millions of people, it is not right. I did take a small injury to my calf, which is something that I need to be careful with, but there are a lot of stories circulating that are pure speculation."
Get Adobe Flash player
View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment