Bayern Munich have denied a report that the club have a pre-contract agreement with Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira.
The Germany international's current deal with Los Blancos expires at the end of the current campaign and he has been linked with a number of top European clubs, including Chelsea and Arsenal.
, though, claimed on Thursday that Khedira has already agreed to join Bayern on a free transfer next summer.
However, the Bundesliga champions have denied that any deal is in place to bring the 27-year-old to the Allianz Arena.
"There is absolutely nothing in this story," Bayern's media director Markus Horwick is quoted as saying by Bild
Khedira suffered a serious knee injury last term but recovered in time to not only feature in the Champions League final but also represent his country at World Cup 2014.
However, the former Stuttgart ace, who moved to the Santiago Bernabeu in 2010, has not started a single competitive fixture for Madrid so far this season.
Despite that fact, coach Carlo Ancelotti insisted at a press conference on Thursday that he wants Khedira to stay in the Spanish capital.
"The situation is clear: we want him to renew his contract," the Italian declared. "He is a professional and absolutely loyal [to the club]."
View the original article here
Bojan Krkic says that while he loved playing for Barcelona, he prefers life at Stoke City.
The diminutive forward left the Catalan club in the summer - after a loan spell with Ajax - and signed a four-year deal with Mark Hughes' side.
Bojan has made seven appearances for the Potters this season, scoring once, and says he is enjoying his football in the Premier League more than he ever did in La Liga.
“I love the passion at Barcelona, I have grown up in a Latin country after all, but I like it better here. In Spain, people do not respect the players, the same as in Italy,” he told reporters.
“In England it looks like a different world, the people admire the players but also respect them. Here is better, more tranquil.
“I knew Stoke was a historic club and when I learned Mark wanted me in this team, it was a great motivation.
“The first few months have been important to improve my physical condition and get used to a new league. But anyone will tell you, the more you play, the better rhythm you find.
“I think I have played well in some games but people will say Spurs was my best match because I scored and we won!”
Bojan also revealed how former team-mate and Arsenal icon Thierry Henry helped convince him to make the move to the Premier League.
“Thierry said in England it was easy, the people never came to the training ground and the journalists only visited once a week,” he added.
“At Barcelona, there are 5,000 people at training every day, television crews filming you every day. It's totally different.”
View the original article here
The St James' Park outfit have won five matches on the bounce in all competitions and host QPR in the Premier League on Saturday.
Pardew highlights the team's attacking discipline as a contributing factor to their recent upturn in form and says Bundesliga champions Bayern are the example to strive for.
"Our strengths are we have incredible discipline in the team from our offensive players," he told reporters.
"The current top model in Germany are Bayern Munich. That's their strength, that's what we have got, and pace."
And Pardew - under pressure prior to Newcastle's run of victories - believes the team are better equipped for the rigours of the Premier League than they have been for a long time.
"We are pushing as a team to physical levels that have never been used in the past," he added. "All the Premier League teams are trying to get to a level that takes the game forward.
"Fitter, stronger and faster - the Olympic spirit is what the Premier League is all about. They're right on the edge now."
View the original article here
Ivan Rakitic insists he had no issue with Luis Enrique's decision to bench him for last month's Clasico, admitting that is well aware that he is still "getting used to" Barcelona's style.
The Croatia international joined the Catalans from Sevilla for a reported €20 million during the summer and made a bright start to life at Camp Nou.
However, a relative dip in form saw him replaced by veteran midfielder Xavi in the starting line for the October 25 meeting with Real Madrid.
Rakitic, though, says he was not angered by his demotion to the bench and remains intent on adapting to Barca's famed possession-orientated brand of attacking football.
“I respected the boss’s decision to leave me out, and to me it doesn’t hurt more not to play at the Santiago Bernabeu than it does not to play against Rayo [Vallencao] or leave me in the stands at Eibar,” the 26-year-old confessed.
“I’m happy with what I’m doing but I know I’m not 100 per cent and there are still things I need to improve upon.
“Therefore, I want to take every opportunity to convince the boss he can trust me. If he picks me then I want to show it against Sevilla [on Saturday].
“The style here is different to Sevilla. If I played in the same position it would still be different because Barca’s style is unique.
“I’ve quickly picked up the Coach’s and Barca’s ideas but I want to get better. I’m very self-critical."
Barca's form in recent weeks has been heavily criticised, with the club having followed up their 3-1 loss in Madrid with a shock 1-0 defeat at home to Celta.
However, with the Blaugrana having since responded with back-to-back away wins, over Ajax in the Champions League and Almeria in La Liga, Rakitic is at pains to point out that the situation is not as bad as some pundits are making out.
“There are fine margins," he argued "If Leo [Messi] had scored to make it 2-0 in the Bernabeu we don’t know how it would have ended up, or even if [Gerard] Pique hadn’t slipped and given away a penalty, it would all have been different.
“Also, if we hadn’t hit the woodwork three or four times against Celta we’d have won two or three nil, but that’s football.
“Not everything is bad and we know we must improve, but generally we are positive and the important thing is that we all believe in the same idea.
“It’s like a car that needs fine-tuning and when everything is running smoothly it will be a lot easier."
Barca sit second in La Liga, two points behind Madrid, ahead of this weekend's meeting with Rakitic's former club, Sevilla, at Camp Nou.
View the original article here
Pepe has claimed that it would be a "scandal" if his Real Madrid and Portugal team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo does not win this year's Ballon d'Or.
Ronaldo fired the Santiago Bernabeu side to Champions League glory last season, breaking the tournament's goals record for a single campaign in the process.
The 29-year-old has arguably been in even better for this term, racking up 23 goals in just 17 games in all competitions.
Consequently, while Ronaldo is expected to face competition from Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer and Argentina captain Lionel Messi for the Ballon d'Or, Pepe is adamant that his compatriot is the only credible candidate for the prestigious prize.
"If any other players wins, they should be ashamed given what Cristiano has been doing, beating lots of records, scoring 17 goals in the Champions League last season," the veteran defender told A Bola. "These things are almost impossible”.
“In three months he has scored 23 goals. What else does he need to do?
"He is the best player in history and I repeat: it would be a scandal and a shame if they do not give him the Ballon d’Or."
Ronaldo, who won last year's Ballon d'Or, has racked up a remarkable 275 goals in just 263 games since joining Madrid from Manchester United in 2009.
Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — In the midst of an investigation into the Florida State University gunman, a former classmate said he along with seven others are expecting a letter posthumously from the shooter.
Police identified the gunman as FSU Alum Myron May.
“I clicked. I said, ‘Wait a minute. He sent a message to us all about a letter that he’s going to be sending to us or a package that he was going to be sending to all of us and to expect it Friday. And I immediately made the connection, like, this is connected,” said Paul, who went to FSU with May. He said the two reconnected while living in Houston.
Paul hopes the package he’s expecting may hold some answer to that as well as what lead May down such a horrific path. “Perhaps it’s an answer to the why, which is often what’s missing from situations like this. You wonder why you would do this. We know he suffered from mental illness. Perhaps that’s the reason why,” said Paul.
All that while investigators are taking a deeper look into his life.
READ MORE: FSU Gunman Identified, 3 Students Hurt
May was born Dayton, Ohio in 1983. The 31-year old moved to Florida as a teenager and went to Wehitchka High School. In 2005, he graduated from FSU. Then he went to Texas Tech Law School where he graduated in 2009.
He practiced law in Texas and New Mexico and moved back into the area three weeks ago.
Click here To Watch Oralia Ortega’s Report
Tallahassee Police described him as being in crisis. Police Chief Michael DeLeo said May left written and recorded material behind. In it, he said he believed the government was targeting him for persecution.
“Mr. May had a written journal and videos of fears of being targeted and he wanted to bring attention to his issue of targeting. A preliminary review of these documents and videos demonstrate that Mr. May was in a state of crisis,” said DeLeo.
In New Mexico, May’s neighbors describe him as strange, paranoid and said he even threw a rock through another neighbor’s window.
“I heard he got evicted, that’s what they told me at the front because of what happened and they thought it was him and all of the incidents,” said neighbor David Baca.
His former coworkers at the Dona Ana County District Attorney’s Office, where May was a public defender and prosecutor, were surprised when he unexpectedly resigned last month. “He had never before talked to me or any of my colleagues about wanting to leave the DA’s office,” said Dona Ana County District Attorney Mark D’Antonio.
May’s Facebook page shows he posted mostly Bible verses and links to conspiracy theories about the government reading people’s minds.
May’s final post on Facebook was the biblical verse saying, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
The week before the shooting he posted, “Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. ~ Matthew 10:28”
On August 2nd, he talked about recently losing loved ones saying, “Uncle Cornelius, Aunt Gracie, Aunt Stella, and now Aunt Ada….my goodness Father. When it rains, it pours. Please slow down taking away my loved ones.”
His facebook page also says he was In-house Legal Counsel at Taunton Family Children’s Home.”
The Taunton family said he was going through a hard time but they are shocked about what happened.
“He refuses to surrender. As a result of this encounter, Mr. May is shot and killed by the officers,” said DeLeo.
WebExtra: FSU Shooting Police News Conference
CBS4’s Cynthia Demos spoke with May’s ex-girlfriend Danielle Nixon who confirmed he was in a state of crisis, as police said.
According to a Las Cruces, New Mexico, police report last month, May was a subject of a harassment complaint after a former girlfriend called to report he came to her home uninvited and claimed police were bugging his house and car.
Nixon told police May recently developed “a severe mental disorder.”
“Myron began to ramble and handed her a piece to a car and asked her to keep it because this was a camera that police had put in his vehicle,” the report said. The report also said May recently quit his job and was on medication.
Police officers said they were investigating his cellphone and his car.
Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado, a target for Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United, could have his €35 million exit clause paid by Manchester City.